2020 CARES Act Funds Report
HEERF FUNDS: Student Portion
- Acknowledgement: The Director, Annenberg School of
Nursing (ASN) signed and submitted the Certification and Agreement form for
the HEERF/student portion Funds (Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds).
The School has used the HEERF funds/student portion to provide at least 50%
of the total HEERF allocation to Vocational Nurse Program students as
emergency financial aid grants.
- HEERF Funds/Student Portion Amount: ASN has
received $18,885 in HEERF/student portion funding.
- Eligibility: ASN determined that 19 out of 23 VN
students in the class of 2020 were eligible to participate in Federal
Student Aid programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education
Act of 1965 and were therefore eligible to receive HEERF funds.
- Distribution: The 19 students who were eligible
to receive HEERF Funds have received an emergency financial aid grant. As of
July 10, 2020, ASN has distributed all of the $18,885 in HEERF Funds/student
- Amount: The HEERF student portion of funds, $18 885,
was divided equally among all 19 students who were eligible to receive HEERF
Funds. Each of the 19 students received a check for $993.94.
- Application: students were required to submit an
application for the emergency financial aid grant, attesting to their
experiencing financial hardship/extra expenses due to the temporary campus
closing, followed by a sudden shift to online instruction in theory and
online clinical practice sessions.
- Communication: Students were informed of the
availability of the grants during an online meeting with all students, and
given instructions to complete and submit the application to receive their